The Thread

1. INTRODUCTION

Back

Editor’s Notes

11/23/2019

Edits to What is the Lord’s Recovery/Local Church Movement?

• For brevity, in paragraph 2:
    • ORIGINAL: After Lee’s death, the movement continued to live on. Its leadership still lives on in a group of Christians who refer to themselves as the “blended brothers” and other Recovery elders
    • REVISED: After Lee’s death, the Lord’s Recovery leadership lived on in a group of Christians who refer to themselves as the “blended brothers” and other Recovery elders.

Edits to What’s the Purpose of This Site?

• To resolve a grammatical error, in paragraph 1:
    • ORIGINAL: There are a lot of positive things about the Recovery that I could get discuss.
    • REVISED: There are a lot of positive things about the Recovery that I could get discuss.

Edits to What is Heresy in Christianity?

• For organization, in paragraphs 1 and 2, moved Christians will, at one point or another, probably get things biblically wrong from the last sentence of paragraph 1 to the first sentence of paragraph 2.
  • For clarity, in paragraph 2:
    • ORIGINAL: (i.e., what the Bible has to say)
    • REVISED: (i.e., what the Bible clearly says).
  • For clarity, in paragraph 3:
    • ORIGINAL: We all need to come back to God’s Word and be adjusted according to His speaking.
    • REVISED: All Christians need to be corrected and perfected by God’s Word.
  • To resolve a grammatical error, in paragraph 4:
    • ORIGINAL: moreso
    • REVISED: more so
  • For brevity and clarity, in paragraph 4:
    • ORIGINAL: However, the Recovery maintains its position of Lee; it’s maintaining its heresy rather than learning from it.
    • REVISED: However, the Lord’s Recovery/Local Church movement maintains its position of Lee, maintaining its heresy rather than learning from it.

Edits to What is a Christian Cult?

• For clarity, in paragraph 1:
    • ORIGINAL: Jesus should be the Christian’s only person or reverence and worship.
    • REVISED: Jesus should be the Christian’s only person of reverence and worship.
  • To resolve a grammatical error, in paragraph 3:
    • ORIGINAL: However, I agree with the red flags he brings up, and I believe his red flags pointed out above are biblical warning flags, given that the Christian’s devotion to be to Christ alone.
    • REVISED: However, I agree with the red flags he brings up, and I believe his red flags pointed out above are biblical warning flags, given that the Christian’s devotion should be to Christ alone.